Our most recent posts

Friday, September 12, 2008

New Wine Bar in Aventura

Aventura, Florida is an international destination of luxury living and fine shopping. Many of the residents have been talking about the lack of quality neighborhood restaurants. It seems that this chatter hit the ears of the right people. A team of creative restaurateurs and successful entrepreneurs, was formed to develop a new restaurant with a comfortable vibe. The voice of this group is a women that is known as Mrs. Vino. She was thrilled to share a few words for our readers. Enjoy....
Say Ciao to Bar Rosso!

Foodies, wine lovers, and fellow Aventura-dwellers there's a new restaurant coming to town Bar Rosso. Scheduled to open in the next few months, it is nestled right in the heart of Aventura's new downtown, so Bar Rosso couldn't be any easier to get to and it will be right in the center of the action.

The developers of Bar Rosso saw the need for a neighborhood place, where locals could pop in for a glass of wine, a quick bite, some conversation, eat dinner, and then just hang around to take in the scene. This kind of specialty restaurant is just what we need; it's the destination all can enjoy.

So, why should we all flock there Reason #1: Bar Rosso is South Florida's first and only Vinoteca(yes, just like Enoteca, but with a new twist). Note: In case you don't know, an Enoteca is Italian and literally translates to wine library. Traditionally, Enotecas offer a large variety of local wines, little plates of food, and a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Bar Rosso will be all that, plus more.

Reason #2: Bar Rosso will not only stock an excellent ever-changing assortment of wines by the glass, but also a mozzarella bar (which is totally trendy right now), a 20-seat communal table near the bar area to encourage mixing and mingling, an open kitchen so those who want can watch the chef create and plate delicious dishes, a 12 seat table enclosed in handcrafted wine walls for one-of-a-kind dining experiences, and a menu filled with what should prove to be a well-rounded collection of classic Italian fare interpreted with a new world twist.

The atmosphere will be addictive and accessible to all. The wine selections outstanding (reasons #3 and #4). About 80 percent of the initial wines will be Italian; the other 20 percent an assortment from other countries. Check out reds including Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Dolcetto, Merlot, Brunello, and Montepulciano. White fans will be able to sample Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Trebbiano, and Semillon, among many others. Naturally, you can enjoy little tastes or enjoy a full meal too.

Split your time between the Tavern, an inviting indoor environment (complete with an old-school Wurlitzer juke box for patrons to play with) or step out into The Park, an outdoor patio that has been transformed through using photographs, into a soothing space where you can lose yourself and enjoy the moment.

And if all the above isn't enough, (drum roll please, reason #5) Bar Rosso is scheduled to have a full calendar of events including wine tastings, interactive wine education seminars, young professionals nights, pairings, and more. The space is ideal for corporate events and can be taken over in its entirety or partially. And since this is a neighborhood place, Bar Rosso believes in giving back. A portion of some event proceeds will go to the Humane Society, its charity of choice.

On the verge of opening (I'll let you know more, when they know), Bar Rosso is the destined to be the new place to see and be seen. See you there. If you want to sign up for the V.I.P. Grazie Club (be the first to get all the insider information and benefits), visit the website at http://www.barrosso.com/

Submitted by: Mrs. Vino

No comments: