Our most recent posts

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Aventura Votes!

As a follow up to my November 8th post about the property tax ballot, I wanted to share some pertinent information with all our readers in Aventura and its surrounding cities. We will have an opportunity to have our voices heard on January 29th, 2008, whether or not we are for or against the property tax reform. I was able to find a very clear explanation of what exactly Aventura, and all Florida residents, will be deciding. I want to emphasize that I do not think this reform is the ultimate solution, but I do oppose the notion to vote against it, with the hope that by doing so the State Government would be forced to come up with a better solution. My opinion is that we need relief now, and we are going to have the opportunity to make that happen January 29th. Once that is accomplished, we should continue to apply pressure for another, more appealing amendment. Lori Parrish at the Broward County Property Appraiser’s office highlights the main points of the property tax reform proposal, with the addition of an explanation of the proposal from The Florida House of Representatives, on the Broward County Property Appraiser’s website.

Click here for the explanation of the proposal



No comments: